Pages

Search This Blog

Bye bye Summer...Hello Winter!

Is it just me or is it bloody dark in the mornings now? I struggle as much as anyone to venture out of my cosy bed (even with a 4 month old kitten constantly attacking me trying to play from 5am, I ain’t movin’!) as much as anyone but jesus, I can’t lie, I am very excited for the clocks to go back even to get just that little bit more light for a month, until the impending darkness that is December and January comes to stay!

This weekend marks the official start of Winter. Does this mean it’s now socially acceptable to stay in at the weekend in a onesie, with a glass of red wine in hand? I think so! 
|| To read original blog post, head to Eylure! ||

As much as I love the Summer, I am very ready for cosy evenings, wrapped up warm, watching films, getting fat, eating multiple mince pies, Quality Street, Heroes, Ferrero Rocher’s…the list goes on…As the Summer officially ends I’m seeing it off in style with a house party at my friends house. It’s fancy dress of course and for my sins, I’m actually dressing up. Well, I say dressing up, does a black dress and red cape count? (I’m Little Red Riding Hood if you haven’t guessed) To mark the start of Winter we all know that that clocks go back - no doubt by 2am when the clock strikes back to 1am, I’ll be into my 5thth Gin & Tonic by then and cracking out the Jelly Shots but woohoo, I get an extra hour partying the night away, looking like an idiot pretending to be Red Riding Hood! What more could a girl want?
Well, if unlike me, you would like to be slightly more productive with your extra hour, I’ve listed a few ways below!


Stay in bed

Any excuse for a lie in right? I love sleep and you do too, take full advantage of this chance to get an extra hours kip and wake up feeling fresh and ready to go!


Exercise
One thing I definitely will not be doing this Sunday during my hangover…Using the hour to exercise will make you feel more energized and will set the day up nicely, so it’s a great way of spending that hour. What’s more it will justify the 10 biscuits you’re planning on having for lunch, so that’s a bonus!
Tick off your to-do list
If you’ve been putting off your to-do list for weeks and not found the time to tackle it. Well, now is your chance! If it’s an episode on Netflix you haven’t got round to or an article in a magazine you’ve been wanting to read…sit down and get going!

And yes, it’s perfectly fine if you want to spend this hour with your two best friends. First Friend= Netflix, Second Friend= Snacks

Clean the house

Okay, it might not seem like the MOST thrilling way of spending your extra hour, but continuing to ignore the clutter and mess isn’t that fun either…Tidy the house or even just a room and this way, when you’re done you won’t feel like you’ve lost any time! What’s more, you’ll feel great for the rest of the day spending your time in a clean and tidy room.

EAT
Hangovers + Food = LOVE.
Food + Any extra time to eat = LOVE

Sort out your CV
If you’re a regular sufferer of Sunday-Night-Dread, why not change that and use your extra hour to spice up your CV so it’s ready to apply for some other, more exciting jobs come Monday? Who knows, this extra hour could be the reason you land your dream job!
Prepare for Halloween

If you’re not going out this weekend to celebrate and you’re planning a night out on Wednesday (cheeky school night) or next weekend then dedicating this hour to ensure your outfit is on point will ease the stress for on the day!


|| To read original blog post, head to Eylure! ||

|| Dress Pretty Little Thing || 
|| Boots (sold out) Similar TOPSHOP || 
||Earrings Newlook || 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Archive

Social

Search