Pages

Search This Blog

I'M BACK...

So here it goes, the cliché "I'm back" post; but really, I am. Hopefully to stay this time. 

After almost a year of letting work, boys and a little bit of too much fun get in the way of my passions, I've decided it's a good time to get my mojo back and get back on the blog. Truth is, I love writing, I miss it and there has been countless times over the last year I've wanted to get back to it but made excuses for my lack of motivation. 

Ultimately, I just fell out of love with it. Probably from when I got back from travelling. It became a chore, I wasn't writing content because I wanted to but just because it was something that I could upload for the sake of it and share on my social media. It just left my posts uninteresting, short and very 'samey'. Instead of fashion and lifestyle, my blog was swaying more to that of just beauty, which isn’t obviously a terrible thing but it got me thinking does my blog just have to be about beauty?

I enjoy writing about topical concepts, fitness and issues that readers can relate to. Although I never really had the confidence to post topics such as this, I’m now just starting to think, oh f*ck it. 

There is this conundrum that blogs are a fading industry as we as consumers just engage more with Instagram and rarely venture onto read a lengthy blog in our fast-paced lives. However, this is my outlet, my space to say and write what I feel and I love that. So, who cares if no one reads it, it gives me sanity in a hectic world to be able to write some thoughts and opinions down!


However, although I haven’t been writing, I’ve still been reading a lot which is also the reason why now I have become completely enthralled to get this going again, with regular content. One influencer I have followed for a while now is Sophie Milner. Her blog Fashion Slave is a bit of Bridget Jones’ Diary meets Sex in the City and in addition to the beautiful fashion imagery, she writes about real things, dating, living in London, confidence and the list goes on. It’s completely admirable and always enjoyable to read. Self-help books such as the Little Black Book and How to Be an Overnight Success have also helped (funnily enough) but I’ll save these and their tips for a separate post!

So, all in all, I’m feeling pretty great about making this one of my priorities now. Not because I want to be an influencer, a writer, an author or see that as a possibility at all, I just like writing and knowing people sometimes read it. That’s the thing, a coupe of years ago I would get super freaked out and embarrassed when anyone approached me and brought up one of my blog posts and I have no idea why. Probably because I was worried about what they would think of me. Which is ridiculous tbh. I’m so over worrying about everything and anything.


ANYWAY, thanks reading this far… So, what will you see on here from now on? Definitely more life and fitness posts with some fashion and beauty thrown in too. Thing is, I get inspired at the most random times (mainly at night…night owl problems). I’ve learnt that when this happens, I just need to go with it, instead of just scheduling my blog writing for an hour at the weekends and somewhat forcing myself to do it instead of letting it come naturally. I could have a really quick and random idea and then by the time I get around to writing about it the buzz is gone. That’s why I’m going to make it my goal to not let this happen and only post blogs that I really want to write and the images will follow.

Best wishes,
Hannah xo


|| Dress Asos (Missguided) || 
|| Bikini Shein || 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Archive

Social

Search