Pages

Search This Blog

NEW YEAR, NOT REALLY A NEW ME…


There we go, our first week into 2017  complete! How has your first week gone? Ruined any of those New Years resolutions yet? 

Last year I wrote a New Year's resolution post with a few things I wanted to focus on or achieve in 2016. Get into running, travel the world, not to worry as much and take time for myself were just a few. And looking back i'm happy to say I achieved all of these. This year I have a few more as well old one's that I want to focus on. 

  • Excel at my job: Some of you might know that just before the Christmas break I landed a new job as a Beauty PR Account Executive/Handler at Catalyst PR. Those of you who know me well  would know that working in PR and especially in the beauty industry has always been my dream so this was a very big deal for me! My New Year's resolution may be an obvious one but its to focus wholeheartedly on this new position, give my all and excel until next year, when I can hopefully look back and know that I did my best!
  • Staying fit and healthy: Okay so I haven't had the best start into this one, preparing for my new job and settling in has taken priority for now. However, once i'm settled and got into the routine of the London commute everyday, I want to give health and fitness a massive kick up the bum this year. This may be a bit of a stereotypical resolution to get into the gym (from the amount of fully booked classes in my gym I can tell I'm not the only one!) and get fit, but I really want to correlate what I'm eating and drinking with my workout regime. I don't want to become one of those people that punishes myself if I miss a workout but I've aways believed in a good balance and so prepping and eating good meals at work whilst taking part in gym classes like Zumba, Spinning and circuits or running gives me a good mix of activities to keep me fit. I wanted to take part in the half marathon again like last year but as its less than 2 months away and I haven't trained at all and won't in the next few weeks with my job, I'm a bit reluctant to…but you never know! 
  • Drinking: Now this I know is a hard one..and sort of goes hand in hand with the resolution above. I have been known to go out a LOT and that's not the bad thing. It's just the amount I drink when i'm out which is what I want to cut down and probably the amount of times I go out. Not only will this be a benefit to my health but I'll save money and have less of those embarrassing stories to hear about haha! 
  • Save money: This is a massive one for me this year! I want to save, save, save. I'm saving to move out when I'm older mainly and buying a house. However, I'm only cutting back on the things I don't really need, like a night out or 2 EVERY weekend, or eating out and buying lunches instead of making them at home. I'm still going to go on a nice holiday to Marbella and going to buy myself clothes, but instead of wearing a dress once for someone's birthday and never again, I'll sell it on eBay to get a bit of money back! 
  • Move out: Another massive one! I now work in Bromley South which is about a 3 hour commute there and back a day on the train from where I live. Although this is fine for now as I lock into my Netflix and the time flies by! I want to move out into East/South London and rent somewhere with friends to be closer to work and get my own independence and space. 
  • Anxiety: Last one, which is a similar one to last year's. Not to worry. Although this has vastly improved in 2016, it's still an ongoing process which I'm always working to improve. I've got to carry on looking after myself and not worry what friends or other people are thinking/doing. If a friend doesn't make any effort with you and is acting off for no reason…let them be. Don't waste energy on it and move on. If they are supposed to be in your life they'll come back and if they're not then so be it. I've worked really hard at living in the moment and this has really helped with things like my job, interviews and anything that may seem daunting to me. I would recommend everyone to live in the moment more, switch off social media and your mind every now and then. You'll be surprised at how much happier it can make you and you end up enjoying life that little bit more!
I hope you enjoyed reading all about my resolutions/plans for 2017 and hope you all stick to the resolutions that you have set yourselves and if not, don't worry! There's always next year ;) 

All the best xx 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Archive

Social

Search